Having one at home and one still in the hospital brings its own set of challenges and rewards. We both feel a small amount of guilt for being unable to spend as much time with her as we would like, but as we are not able to take Robert into the NICU, we take turns visiting her, and usually only for a little while (although we have had offers of babysitting Robert while we both go). Also, I've been working a reduced schedule, only 20 hours a week (5- 4-hour shifts, its really nice) so Mandy usually waits until I get home to go to the hospital. Today while she was there a nurse who is normally at the Anaheim hospital was there and, upon seeing Mandy, commented on how good she looked. It's much easier on us having one at home and one in this comfortable environment, closer to home, Mandy replied. It's almost unfathomable looking back on all that stress we went through. But it is so worth it!
Mandy's grandparents paid us a visit (OK, we all know they came so see our son, their great grandson) and brought us lunch, dinner and Mandy's favorite: Orange Rolls! Oh, and they also brought cookies and some flowers from their garden, the two things that really make our apartment that much better.
I've been meaning to post this picture for a while. My mom's cousins Linda and Maggie sent BEAUTIFUL baby blankets, one pink and one blue. They are so cozy, I almost wish they were a bit bigger so I could sleep with them. While on our road trip last year we stayed with Linda who lives in NYC. Her sister Maggie runs a store in New Paltz (near Poughkeepsie) called Maglyn's Dream (check out their website). Graham is always more comfortable when he's wrapped in this blanket!
No comments:
Post a Comment