Rambles & Run-ons: NOW WITH 100% MORE PASSENGERS!

Our Lives Have Changed. So has our blog.
We realize that many of you first started reading when we began a cross-country road trip in June of '09. Just ten months later we are proud to announce the arrival of our twins. No road trips planned just yet, but there are a slew of adventures around every corner.

June 10



We can hardly believe that the kids are 8 weeks old. So much so, in fact, that we have been telling people that they are 9 weeks. We had to actually sit down and look at a calendar to figure it out. The end of eight weeks means that I must return to work, something that I've been dreading for this whole week. It's not so much that I don't want to work, more that I don't want to leave the kids behind. And, truth be told, I'm skeptical about the amount of sleep I'll be able to get now that I can't (attempt to) sleep until 11. Mandy will still be off work, and although her doctor has her release date of June 31, we are going to evaluate it from there. 
The kids keep growing and growing, which puts us in the odd position of wanting to talk about their chubby legs when all anyone else can do is comment on how skinny and small they are. I guess everything needs perspective. They have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, their first big round of shots, so it could be quite an interesting day. Truthfully, I'm somewhat relieved I work that day - we shall really test the mothering powers of Mandy that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment