Rambles & Run-ons: NOW WITH 100% MORE PASSENGERS!

Our Lives Have Changed. So has our blog.
We realize that many of you first started reading when we began a cross-country road trip in June of '09. Just ten months later we are proud to announce the arrival of our twins. No road trips planned just yet, but there are a slew of adventures around every corner.

June 2

Wow, June already? It's about time! I've been waiting four years for this month to come! Just nine more days till the World Cup kicks off, and . . .
ok, ok, back to the kids.

It's my last week off before returning to work, so I'm able to enjoy sleeping from midnight to 4 am.
Robert Graham surprised us when he slept for seven straight hours the other night. I was delighted when he woke me up and I looked at the clock. "Wow, you slept forever I said to him!" Upon picking him up, however, I found that he had overflowed his diaper and stunk of pee. So I got to clean him up, change his clothes and the sheets early that morning. He has yet to repeat the feat, but it was  reassuring that it can happen.

We had two more fun visits, Sunday Mandy's dad and his girlfriend Tracy came to visit, and he was able to hold them for the first time (in a non-hospital setting, which is significantly increases the bonding factor). On Monday our friends Aaron and Rita paid us a visit, and unfortunately for Aaron I handed him a screaming baby boy. I think it unnerved him slightly, as he looked much more comfortable holding Robert once we calmed him down.
Since we have taken well over 500 pictures of
the kids in their short 9 week existence, we have updated our camera to the new Olympus PEN. It's quite the camera, so I hope you are able to notice sharper pictures (to compare, the pictures of Dad & Tracy are from the old camera, Aaron and Rita on the new camera). Mandy liked this one because it has the versatility and control that she desires, all the while maintaining the ease of a point and shoot that I demand. Also, it can record HD video, so we can get the whippernsappers in some action. It also can take rapid fire pictures, which might be perfect for the kids.

Ok, i snapped these with the old camera, and although I am usually good at picking out the best shots from a series, I just couldn't not post all of these. I hope you'll pardon my lack of discerning.

****POLLS CLOSED, & THE VOTES ARE IN!!!****
Thanks to everyone who participated in helping to determine our kids names. Yeah, they've got birth names but what fun is it to actually call them by their first names? And truth be told, I've already been frustrated by the fact that my son has the same name as me, as it has caused slight confusion with the doctor's office. His nickname was a runaway - Graham (which is his middle name so it's really not that far off). My brother likes Bobby G which has its appeal although Mandy shot it down. As for Oneta Simone, it was a close vote, with Neta (Nita?) edging out the others. Although Mandy usually calls her Simone, I'm stuck on 'sweetie.' We're more than likely going to give the kids a complex about their names, so it's a good thing we got started on that as early as we did.

2 comments:

  1. So cute the way sweetie cuddles up to sweetums. We love them so much almost as much as we love their parents. It is so much fun to see their pictures and amazing Graham to sleep 7 hours. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are totally Mandy faces on Neta. It just reminds me of you. I really can't wait to see them this summer.

    ReplyDelete