Happy 10 weeks babies!
Despite their age they are just about newborn size, Robert an estimated 7 pounds 12 oz, Simone 7-5 (based on their average weight gain and last known poundage). When we go to the market, people always ask how many days old they are. My first thought is - are you crazy? Do you think I'd take these kids out at just a few days of age? I suppose ours is an odd situation, given that they were in NICU for as long as they were.
A skill we've learned as parents: sleepwalking. It seems we are able to wake in the middle of the night, change a diaper, shuffle babies, feed, and then fall right back asleep. Mandy is also quite adept at stealing some snooze time while breastfeeding, which doesn't seem to bother the babies at all. They feed away (and are quiet!) while mom gets some much deserved rest.
I am continually amazed at how she is able to handle both babies by herself all day while I'm at work. Just being alone with them for a few hours makes me nervous - especially when they are both screaming at full volume.
The kids remain in excellent health. Not much to report on the development stage, although they have shown some signs of being able to produce a smile (we're still not sure whether it's on purpose or just a coincidence of muscle-spasms).
We're just a happy, World Cup mad family!
Mandy, I think little Neta looks just like your baby pics. I am so excited to come and see them in just about a month!!!! And I want to see you too! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, they are soo cute.
ReplyDeleteHappy Father's Day Robert!!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your babies. They are SOOO cute!
ReplyDelete