Rambles & Run-ons: NOW WITH 100% MORE PASSENGERS!

Our Lives Have Changed. So has our blog.
We realize that many of you first started reading when we began a cross-country road trip in June of '09. Just ten months later we are proud to announce the arrival of our twins. No road trips planned just yet, but there are a slew of adventures around every corner.

It's Go Time!

Nurse Sonia greeted us at the door to the Irvine NICU.
"Do you have your car seat ready?"
We froze mid-stride, our eyes widening.
"Robert is ready. Tomorrow."
WOW! What a feeling.
"Our son is coming home, darling," I said to Mandy as she wept into my shoulder.
We scrubbed and rushed around the corner to see his face, free of his feeding tube for the first time.
Of course, he was a bit fussy but it was just before his scheduled feeding.
I changed his diaper, took his temperature and handed him to his mom.
"Is this a for sure, for sure, like absolutely going to happen thing?" I asked Sonia before I started spreading the news via texts.
As long as he doesn't have a setback, yes. And we don't foresee anything happening.
We didn't feel quite the need to stay as long as we could, so we headed home to make the final preparations for the (long awaited) arrival of Robert Graham. On our way out of the NICU, Sonia gave us a big hug, saying she was so happy for us. I don't think we've taken the opportunity to talk about just how special the nurses at the Irvine NICU are. They provide a total comforting care not only to the babies but make sure the parents are taken care of as well. We are deeply grateful to all that they have done for us.

As excited we are to have Robert able to come home, it is just as hurtful that his sister cannot. She is much more alert when she is awake and has overcome her breathing adversity, but is still struggling with her digestion. We now have to juggle visiting her while keeping him at home. She sucks rather vehemently on her pacifier at times, and I have the feeling that as soon as she starts taking bottles she will 'hit the ground running' and be home before we know it. Mandy is planning on spending the morning with her before we head over to Irvine to pick up the goods.
Sorry, pictures turned out a bit dark today but I promise more in the very near future.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should call him BJ. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete